SPECIAL MESSAGE TO OUR VENDORS
You have been our valued partners for the past 12 years.
This year we need your help. As part of our Sacred Springs Powwow community, we ask you to serve as role models in keeping our Indigenous people safe and healthy.
We are asking all Vendors and Dancers to please wear masks and socially distance from public visitors.
We believe that during this ongoing pandemic, our Native People will lead the way in safe behavior that will break the cycle of this dangerous virus.
May Creator bless you for helping us with this momentous task.
Scroll Down for Vendor Application and Payment.
Indigenous Cultures Institute invites you to apply for a vendor’s booth at the October 1 & 2, 2022 Sacred Springs Powwow.
Here are some big changes:
We’re limiting to 40 arts/crafts booths, 5 nonprofits, and 6 food booths, to enhance your potential sales and to create safe distance between each booth.
We’re starting our advertising campaign three months earlier and aggressively promoting our vendors, so please submit photos of your work.
PLEASE NOTE: Vendors will be set up on a golf course, so you cannot drive to your booth space. Our team will be unable to help load-in and load-out your products, so please be prepared to handle the logistics by bringing your own helpers and dollies. We are limiting the booth and vendor spaces to 45 total and the Vendor spaces will be assigned, based on the order in which the applications are received.
We have TWO parking lots for vendors. One is free parking, and one is $25 to park all day for both Saturday and Sunday.
- All-day, nearby, no movement allowed parking will cost $25, and will be located in the circle next to the powwow grounds (where the buses turn around). Once you park in the circle, you cannot move your vehicle all day. If you need to make runs for restocking, you will need to park in the FREE PARKING lot. On-site, pay to park spaces are limited and only available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- FREE PARKING will be reserved for Vendors at Travis Elementary School, which is two blocks east of the powwow grounds. Once you unload and take your products to your booth, you can drive your car to Travis Elementary. We will drive you back in a golf cart to finish setting up your booth. We will have two golf carts assigned to this space all day, in case you need to make a supplies-run — we can load your supplies into the cart and drive you back to your booth. This flexible parking is FREE.
- Booth Fees:
- 10’ X 10’ FEE: $225.00
- 20’ X 10’ FEE: $300.00
- Food Booth 10′ X 10′ FEE: $300
- Food Tent or Trailer 20′ X 10′ FEE: $350
- Nonprofit with product sales FEE: $100
- Nonprofit Booth 10′ X 10′ with no products FEE: $0
Note: The powwow will not be scheduled past dark in 2022. Electricity will not be accessible.
- Please bring your own tent or canopy, tables and chairs.
- If your payment is received after September 1, 2022, your booth request will be placed on a waiting list. If there is a cancellation, we will notify you and you will be accepted into the event. If there is not a cancellation by the event date and you are not accepted into the event, we will mail you a refund of your booth fee by November 30, 2022.
- Please stay until the closing of the Powwow at 5:00 pm on Sunday. Vendors who do not remain will not be invited back next year.
- Vendor Booth fees are non-refundable unless the event is canceled for any reason.
- Early Check-in: Please check in on Friday if possible. We are required to hire Texas State University Campus Police for the Friday overnight security so we charge you an additional $25 per booth for early set up. It will be worth it to set up in daylight on Friday and at your leisure, instead of rushing on Saturday morning.
- Set-up for vendors who do not check in early begins at 6:00 AM on Saturday.
- When you arrive, drive up to the powwow grounds and park in the square parking lot across the road. Leave your parked car and check in with the Vendor Coordinator at the Admissions tent. You will be given your booth space number and vendor packet.
- You will unload from your parked vehicle and dolly your products to your booth space. We will have golf carts available to help some vendors. Vendors arriving after 8:30 AM will not be allowed to unload and set up as powwow visitors will have already started to arrive.
- Gates open to the public at 10:00 AM on Saturday and Sunday, and close at 5:00 PM on both days.
- Vendors must stay until the close of the event, unless released early.
- Please bring your own trash bins and take your trash with you as we ask that you clean your area and leave it as you found it. Trash bins that we rent are only for event trash and not sufficient for vendor-generated trash.
We have a new fancy host hotel, Wingate by Wyndham, 108 I.H. 35 North, San Marcos, TX. Call 512-754-6621 and ask for the “powwow rates” of $109 + tax.
FOOD TICKETS AND HOSPITALITY:
Each vendor will receive two lunch tickets with a 10’x10’ space (four tickets with a 20’x10’ space) refundable for a meal and a drink at our Hospitality Tent on Saturday. If you need additional tickets please contact the Vendor Coordinator. Complimentary pan dulce and coffee will be available on Sunday morning.
PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES AND INDEMNIFICATION REQUIREMENT BELOW ON THE APPLICATION FORM.